Sunday, July 7, 2013

Reading Survey

Here's another survey my mother gave me.


If you had to guess…
How many books would you say you owned?  About 275
How many books would you say are in your house? 270
How many books would you say read in the last 12 months? 180

How did you learn to read? What helped me learned to read was that my mom read lots and lots of books to me, and the words she read stuck in my head and I remembered those words when I read my books.

Why do people read? List as many ways as you can think of. People can read stories as in reading for pleasure.  If people are deaf, reading can help them.  They can read signs to tell what places are.  They can read useful information.  They can read people’s names.

What does someone have to do or know in order to be a good reader? People have to be fluent in order to be a good reader.  They need to have comprehension to be a good reader.  And people need to know when to stop at periods. 

What kinds of books do you like to read? Three of my favorite types of books to read are fantasy, realistic fiction and mystery. 

How do you decide what books to read? I use the backs of books a lot to decide what books I’m going to read.  I don’t pick up a book because of the title.  I like to know what they are about.  Also, if teachers, friends or family recommend books that they say are super good or that I have to read, I also try that book. 

Who are your favorite authors? List as many as you’d like.  JK Rowling, Anne Ursu, Michael Buckley, Rick Riordan, Peter Brown, Trenton Lee Stewart, Dan Gutman, Chris Van Dusen, Kevin Hawkes, Marilyn Singer and Jan Brett.

Have you ever reread a book? If so, can you name it/them here? Many, many picture books, The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the Sisters Grimm series, The Lost Hero and The Throne of Fire.

How often do you read at home? At least an hour a day.

In general, how do you feel about reading? I love to read.  I think reading is not just fun but really helpful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment